Friday 2 December 2011

Why? SXM - Sint Maarten

Over the years many, MANY ppl have ask me: Why?

Why do I live here?
Why don't I go somewhere else?
Why do I write letters to the newspaper?
Why do I care?

I live here because I've had a love affair with Sint maarten for 3O years.

Why don't I go somewhere else? Alas, over the past 1O years, I have no where else to go. So many ppl say that: Just leave. Not everyone has that option/luxury.

I write letters to stir the pot. Get ppl talking/thinking.

I care because I live here. It's a small island and all issues are right here...in your face. You don't get to live in some cushy subdivision and not have the ugliness of this place touch you. On the other side of the coin - there is no place like this. Every day brings something new, interesting, beautiful. It's not all ugly, just like anywhere. There is beauty and some things make sense. I express my views, that's all. I have friends. Good friends. Friends that understand my mouth is part of the package. I'll never make any apologies for who I am and the way I think. I'm open to all opinions. I just want an argument with substance. Don't argue JUST to argue or just because you don't like what I think. TELL ME why? Back it up. I love a stong discussion. Even one that ends with:Let's just agree to disagree.


No comments:

Post a Comment