Friday 12 March 2010

How Secure is Security? SXM Sint Maarten

Ok…so Another question crossed my mind as I drove around the island late Thursday night: How secure is it to have security guards? This question popped into my mind as I drove by one of the International Banks and spotted the security guard out front. A man of about 50 years of age, extremely over weight and walked with a very noticeable limp. My next question is this: Who picks these guys and is there a physical they have to pass? I mean, seriously, what would this guy do when confronted with…shall we call it an incident? Is this man expected to chase after a criminal? Run the criminal down? This guy was clearly winded just from crossing the parking lot! What kind of investment is it to have security that can’t really keep your place secure? Again, I ask, who picks these people? Not just the guy at the bank. Many, MANY security are overweight and out of shape. And many, MANY places with security guards still get robbed. Which prompts the next line of thought: What guarantee is there that the security hired by a company is secure? How is it proven that the security guard is not a formal criminal? Just asking some questions here, people. Questions that no one else seemed to ask. There are several Security Companies on the island….who started them? What are their credentials? Who trains them? Where does the trainer get HIS training from? Any one else seem to think a little looking into this matter wouldn’t hurt? I’m just asking. That’s what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment